Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Facing the Giants

I am not sure if you have seen this movie or not, but its one that I need to watch at least once a year. Sometimes more!  Yes it has a ton of cheesy bits in it, and I laugh at loud at some of those even tho I have seen it at least 20x, but the overall message is so encouraging to my soul.  I think thats because I can totally relate to the pain and struggle of the characters.  I know exactly what it feels like to battle the idea of trusting the Lord, even when nothing looks the way we want it to look.  When work isnt going well, and God isnt bringing us the spouse or kids we feel like we deserve, and money is tight, and on and on and on... Those moments, when every thing seems to be up for grabs, and we get to choose if we really believe God is who He says He is.  

One of my favorite scenes from the whole movie is when coach makes Brock crawl across the football field, blindfolded, with a teammate on his back.  The part of the scene that always brings me to tears is when coach Taylor, crawling alongside Brock on the field, is in his face, screaming, challenging, encouraging Brock to keep going, no matter how much pain he is in.  He sees the potential in this natural leader on his team, and he calls out the best in him, even when the player cant see it in himself.  

This scene always reminds me of the people the Lord has put in my path, who encourage, challenge, and continue to point me to Jesus when I am unable to see the path for myself.  Those people are so critical to my survival in this world.  Life is so crazy sometimes!  These seasons come to all of us... Sometimes they are months, sometimes they are years and years long!  But, no matter how long the season, the friends that surround you on your journey will always be either your lifeline, or they will aid in your destruction.  

My prayer for each of you this week is that you will be reminded of how faithful the Lord is, even when nothing appears to be going as you would choose.  God dosent see the world the way we see it, and He isnt limited by the things we find limiting.  Miracles happen every day.  Lets take God at His word, and see what amazing things come of that.  He may not change the circumstances around you.  But He will definitely change something within you.  And you can be assured of this.  No matter how He chooses to work, it will ultimately turn out for the better for you.  :)

I'd love to hear your stories of trusting God with big things! 

JG





No comments: